The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's time......apparently the waste gate is stuck on my stock turbo, and if I am going to spend money it is going to be on a different (larger) turbo. I'm a little strapped for cash but I have around $1,000 to spend. Aside from that I'm not sure which turbo to go with. I study this forum and get more and more confused.

So what I guess I'm asking is: Which turbo should I go with on my set-up for good streetability and also for towing. Something good to around 550 HP for starters. And also in my price range. I can save up more for the right part, but I am nearing the end of my girlfriends patience with this truck.:fan

I think there are other people out there who would like to know what you all have to say.

You guys are always:thumbsup a lot of help, and I look forward to reading your responses.

·
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the link. The turbo on that page is for a 12 valve. Will that work on a 24 V?

·
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Bumpity bump

·
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just bought a s300 from a member, an I am installing it tonight, just have to drill & tap for the oil line. I am going to run just the dp til my 5" exhaust comes in the mail, should drive the neighbors nuts. WOOHOO:haha

·
1,189 Posts
what s300 did you get? mine 62/71/14 just made 532 yesterday with 200hp sticks but can be smoky.

·
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
what s300 did you get? mine 62/71/14 just made 532 yesterday with 200hp sticks but can be smoky.
Honestly, I don't know the dimensions. Did you have trouble lining up your Intercooler line? I keep blowing my boot off, it won't hold together long enough to build over 7 psi, is there a longer boot available or is there a rig I can do?

·
Official TDG Doctor
5,281 Posts
Honestly, I don't know the dimensions. Did you have trouble lining up your Intercooler line? I keep blowing my boot off, it won't hold together long enough to build over 7 psi, is there a longer boot available or is there a rig I can do?
spray some hair spray around the boot and then clamp it down tight...be a man and use some muscle :haha

Nate

·
1,189 Posts
thats pretty good HP for a box, sticks, and a turbo..or you got a little somethin somethin in that pump?

Nate
factory pump with 168k on it. made 48psi 3 pulls 529 532 529 pretty dang even. Run 12.74 at 104 1.8 60'.

·
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks Nate, I'll try that. But, when I overtighten the boot squirts out. I swear the boot is too small now with the new turbo.

·
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
factory pump with 168k on it. made 48psi 3 pulls 529 532 529 pretty dang even. Run 12.74 at 104 1.8 60'.
Nice #s man!:thumbsup

·
1,189 Posts
Thanks. So how do you like the sticks? I see you took the advice and o ringed it while out. Take me a picture of your setup so I can understand your problem, because my turbo doesn't have boots directly attached to it.

·
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks. So how do you like the sticks? I see you took the advice and o ringed it while out. Take me a picture of your setup so I can understand your problem, because my turbo doesn't have boots directly attached to it.
The sticks are great, big improvement, they are actually the reason for the turbo upgrade. My turbo doesn't have the boot attached to it, it has the elbow off of my stocker clamped to it, then the boot, tube etc. the problem is that the elbow doesn't line up with the tube properly thus making the boot too short. I was advised to get the spring clamps and brakekleen or hairspray the boot, tube and elbow. My question is, is there any tubing I can use instead of the boot? Thanks for the reply:thumbsup

·
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

I just checked it's a 60/71-16

·
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I thought all the s300's were the same, shows what I know.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts