The Diesel Garage banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
838 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's funny how everyone can post their numbers, yet everything is fine..
I post my sheet, and the CSI Crime Lab has to jump on it.

Greg first of all let me start by saying that no one at your Local SCT dealer in Maryland has anything that runs at the track, second yes You are GOD, and Thousands of dollars thrown away into a garbage pale, ahumm.. I mean 7.3 will get you some decent results like yours has after a few engines blown, and tons of cash put in.

You always seem to have alot to say when someone comes close to your HP/TQ #'s but yet, can NEVER make a majot event to show off your art glass work.... You, and who ever wants from your local SCT dealer that lives 1000 yards from your house can bring what you so call "FAST" to Virginia on the 15th, as I will be there, and so will be something to take care of you and whatever you want to bring along to the track....

I'm done with this thread, I kknew we had some times on our hands, but I didnt think we had this much... All I did was post an email sent to me by the place where the truck was Dynoed... PERIOD.....

Mitch

·
Window Licker
781 Posts
Never doubted you one bit. That is some impressive numbers. :Thumbup:

·
Registered
756 Posts
Sick numbers. I never doubted them one bit, but the graph says 11/18/05. Can I borrow the time machine? LOL

·
979 Posts
Mitch I don't understand the graph.

Why does you X make such poor numbers around 2200-2400 r.p.m.'s. YOu have like well over 150 lbs torque less compared to the graphs of SCT 6.0's. It's like the whole graph has been shifted up 400 or 500 r.p.m. I'm guessing your explaination for the large curve upwards is the wet nos kit? If that is the explaination then your showing a lesser tuned vehicle than the sct then just pumpimg a ton of fuel in through the wet nos system to make all that power. That doesn't sound very safe to me. Then again I don't really understand the wet nos concept because it seems to me that it would really through off the engine timing, maybe really early detonation?

My other explaination for the graph is a big turboed diesel engine that took until 2600 to get the turbo properly spooled up to start making power. Like maybe a big turboed 7.3 L.

I guess my final conclusion is that since the date is wrong, I must question how many other things are wrong.

·
11 Second Truck Club
397 Posts
What were the raw numbers instead of SAE? Correction factors on a nitrous run pretty much get thrown out the window.....

·
Registered
838 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah, All the dyno slips I got that day were a year ahead of their time... The dyno operator did not bother, or mistakenly had entered the date, but that grap is well over a year old.

Lube you mentioned why the spike, thats the engine being run on a Nitrous Wet system is all I can think of, because most of my graphs on the NOS start of low and just build up real quick passed 22-2400 rpms, also the tune that was used did not have a torque converter option, because I lock up the torque converter manually with a switch from inside the cabin, but it locks up way too harsh to be used on the rollers.

Mitch

·
Registered
838 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
BMDMAX said:
What were the raw numbers instead of SAE? Correction factors on a nitrous run pretty much get thrown out the window.....

Actually BMDMAX those are RAW numbers, that was done one a open Dyno Day, and things were a bit of a mess, as you can see the operator had the date set wrong on the PC he was using to Run the Dyno Jet. I live in South Florida... I dont think we need a correction factor.... :popcorn: ;)

Mitch

·
Diesel Pro
2,652 Posts
dang mitch even those are impressive :Thumbup:

·
11 Second Truck Club
397 Posts
Choke_On_My_Smoke said:
Actually BMDMAX those are RAW numbers, that was done one a open Dyno Day, and things were a bit of a mess, as you can see the operator had the date set wrong on the PC he was using to Run the Dyno Jet. I live in South Florida... I dont think we need a correction factor.... :popcorn: ;)

Mitch
Mitch,

The graph represents a corrected number. Uncorrected numbers would have "Actual" on the graph rather than "SAE", like this:

Depending on weather condtions your real numbers could be higher or lower. Nitrous can easily blow away correction factors on a turbo diesel.

I am not bashing just making an observation.

·
Diesel Nutbag
548 Posts
Choke_On_My_Smoke said:
I just found today one of the the dyno sheets of when I was tuning the Excursion on Nitrous. I made more power than this on Nitrous, but this was one of the earlier stages of tuning when I was using smaller Nitrous jets on my Wet system, but some have claimed that just because they have never seen my sheets these numbers were never acheived, this goes to show you that People may doubt what you say,but they will always believe what you do...

Enjoy!

Mitch
Mitch,

Do yourself a favor.......Don't ever go into the forgery business!!!!!!!!!!! :roflmao:

·
Banned
257 Posts
:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: LOL LOL :eek: :eek: :popcorn:

·
Diesel Nutbag
548 Posts
Choke_On_My_Smoke said:
LMAO! .. It's my inspiration to be like you when I grow up Dock!... LOL ROTFLMAO!

Mitch
Mitch,

You should change your avitar to "All BS" instead of "No BS" :shrug: :blah:

Your blatant atempts at trying to claim and pass off bogus info and accomplishments really doesn't shed a very good light on you! :poke: :shrug: ;)

·
1,870 Posts
Dockboy said:
Mitch,

You should change your avitar to "All BS" instead of "No BS" :shrug: :blah:

Your blatant atempts at trying to claim and pass off bogus info and accomplishments really doesn't shed a very good light on you! :poke: :shrug: ;)
Wow Greg, that is a pretty big accusation, I would like to know what makes you say that. I am not taking sides here, but I think a statement that big requires a little more info. :shrug: To keep it professional, I would suggest this thread be taken to PM's. I'm no mod, but I left TDS from this type of bickering!

Tim

·
Registered
183 Posts
dalpilot said:
Wow Greg, that is a pretty big accusation, I would like to know what makes you say that. I am not taking sides here, but I think a statement that big requires a little more info. :shrug: To keep it professional, I would suggest this thread be taken to PM's. I'm no mod, but I left TDS from this type of bickering!

Tim
Tim, I would have to disagree, if someone accuses one of something in a public forum then the accusations should also be made public... I do agree this should be kept professional with no name calling and all the BS the went on at TDS. But facts should be laid out regarding this, its only fair... Otherwise speculation and rumors will arrise because of this, which in my opinion would be worse...

And knowing Gregg, if he makes a statement like that I would imagine he has something to be able to back that up...

CSI = Gregg

Just my .02

·
4,318 Posts
Tim was reading my mind.

Lets keep this thread going, and not use personal attacks. If you want to dispute the info, please do it without name calling and attacking.

Im sorry that this must come down, but it is clear that a dyno run was erased from this chart. I have no clue why, but I suspect that has created the controversey.

Attachments

·
1,870 Posts
I must be dense, and I probably am. I don't know diddly about reading a dyno sheet. Someone please point out the flaws, again, not taking anyones sides, just looking for some explanations to all the BS throwing comments.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.