·
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
innovative diesel tunes???
i know x-treme race makes 420rwhp
how much does x-treme street make???

·
1,661 Posts
About 30-35 less give or take every truck acts diffrent,they also have diffrent shift points, x-race locks up in 2nd,x-street unlocks the converter when slowing and hit 40 mph.

·
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
so i should feel it faster????

·
1,661 Posts
By the seat of pants feel, yes, but it also has diffrent shift points that could make it feel that way, x-race is a tune made mostly to go 0-100+ mph balz out,as a daily driver you either love it or hate it. Daily driving it goes thru the gears pretty fast in a auto,and to get it to down shift you either have to tap the break pedal or lay into the throttle. It's a good tune to have for race or to play around with.

·
528 Posts
I run the extreme street as my DD, I do have the Race tune loaded. Load whenever I feel like screwing around. The throttle response on the race is amazing. Pulls very hard. If your running the SS load the race and smoke him. Then back down to Extreme as DD. I raced an SS Trailblazer with the factory canned tune and walked all over him. Haven't had a chance with the new tunes yet.

·
********* and Mafia #90
14,261 Posts
I have street tunes from DJ that feel faster then the race files.. Never ran a track to compare them.

·
********* and Mafia #90
14,261 Posts
Its never stepping on toes. Every 6L ever made will react differently so a tune. mine might run better with the file your running then it does on your truck.. Best to have your 6L live tuned on a DYNO. then you know its putting out everything its got. :thumbsup

·
160 Posts
mine was tuned in djs front yard....down his own "track" ....i agree some trucks are gonna take to a tune and react different than others...thats why there is more than 2 people tunning i guess:)

·
2,106 Posts
between my X-race and X-street tunes, I have never seen any difference on the dyno or down the track. X-race does "FEEL" a little better though. I like the X-race better for daily driving though because of the TC lock-up.

·
TDG Mafia Member #64!
885 Posts
mine was tuned in djs front yard....down his own "track" ....i agree some trucks are gonna take to a tune and react different than others...thats why there is more than 2 people tunning i guess:)
Out excursion was tuned the same way haha. Djs good! I just got xtreme street from eric for my truck and its a nice smooth tune, not as quick or smokey as the looney but its not a race file either. Id like to try the Xtreme race someday but im trying to save some funds for a camping trip in a couple weeks.

·
160 Posts
Out excursion was tuned the same way haha. Djs good! I just got xtreme street from eric for my truck and its a nice smooth tune, not as quick or smokey as the looney but its not a race file either. Id like to try the Xtreme race someday but im trying to save some funds for a camping trip in a couple weeks.
The x race is a good tune dont get me wrong and i love the tc lockup it just doesnt seem like it has the "balls" looney or looney wild or what ever the hell i have from dj and vivian.:happymugs

1 - 13 of 13 Posts