The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Rock Star
610 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my Xcal2 won't unlock anymore, i guess i used up all my availiable unlocks? and SCT say's i need to get a dealer to get me an authorization number to ship the thing in to get it unlocked?

what's with that?

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
Yep, you got 5 times to unlock it. I have 2 trucks and have had my SCT unlocked 2 times. So now I have to buy another SCT. They got you either Way.

·
Registered
162 Posts
I was tinking about getting an SCT for my truck...Whats with the Unlock and why would you need to unlock...Just curious.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
You should only need to unlock the Xcal2 if you are installing it in a different vehicle or if you have had a reflash on the truck. Unlocking it allows the XCal to download the new stock program. If you've had to unlock more than 5 times due to reflashes, which is unlikely(but I guess possible), you can send the unit back to SCT to be cleared.

·
Rock Star
610 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
InnovativeDiesel said:
You should only need to unlock the Xcal2 if you are installing it in a different vehicle or if you have had a reflash on the truck. Unlocking it allows the XCal to download the new stock program. If you've had to unlock more than 5 times due to reflashes, which is unlikely(but I guess possible), you can send the unit back to SCT to be cleared.

my 04 had 4 different calibrations in it in the time i had it DAX1, TEC0 TEC3, TEC5, BKG9, and i also was sent a second PCM with yet another calibration to test, so in just a matter of months of trying to find out why that truck never ran right i used up all my avail unlocks...

so now that i have m 06, i can either upload my current TEC3 that's in it ontop of whatever the latest calibration on the truck is, or i have to get a vendor to call SCT to get me a return number, then ship it to SCT for an unlock? if i got that right?

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Yes, that's correct. Your dealer will have to ship the unit back to SCT to have it cleared.

Wow, you went through a lot of reflashes and processor changes. You shouldn't have any issues having your locks cleared. Your downtime is the worst part.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts