The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I seen on ebay a PPE is rated at 215 hp, and 360 torque. Is this flywheel horse? Or is this really rear wheel horse? The extreme race's files for the XCAL 2's are roughly what 150-160? Has anyone used the PPE?

·
Registered
49 Posts
its flywheel horse power i have used it on my 2005 it,s all right i went 13.82 in the 1/4 with it it shifts good but with sct with dj,s loony tune i have been 13.60 in the 1/4 shifting is alot harder with sct

·
452 Posts
Which would be faster, or better with a 6-speed tranny???:shrug:

·
MAFIA #8
5,567 Posts
HD_F250 said:
I would bet on the SCT with either the manual or 6-speed...
manual is a six speed.....

Which would be faster, or better with a 6-speed tranny???
I think alot of it is going to depend on how fast you can shift it.. if you are gonna be racing and stuff you might as well get ready for a new clutch also and might think about a short shifter..:Thumbup:

·
452 Posts
I was going to wait till I put a pulling clutch in before I got one of the tuners, because my factory clutch is about gone:pointlaugh And I dont know what I think about the short throw for daily driving or pulling trailer:shrug:

So the SCT is the faster one??? Also which can I get to blow the most smoke when I want??? I wann here some more imput on these 2 tuners:thanks:

·
MAFIA #8
5,567 Posts
HD_F250 said:
Ouch, got me LOL

I meant the "auto or 6-speed" LOL
:poke:

the short throw should be fine for daily driving and pulling all it does it make you have to move the shifter less in between the gears. I will be installing mine next week along w/ Squatch and we will let everyone know how they work... Corey will also be doing a write up on it if he beats me to installing it...:poke:

·
2,035 Posts
bannon_500 said:
I was going to wait till I put a pulling clutch in before I got one of the tuners, because my factory clutch is about gone:pointlaugh And I dont know what I think about the short throw for daily driving or pulling trailer:shrug:

So the SCT is the faster one??? Also which can I get to blow the most smoke when I want??? I wann here some more imput on these 2 tuners:thanks:
You can do just about anything you want with the SCT...if you want smoke just tell your tuner you want smoke and they can make it...

They can do just about anything you can think of...it's by far the best tuner out there for the 6.0L. :sly:

·
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Does the short throw replace the entire shifter that you grab onto in the truck or does it slide inside it?

·
MAFIA #8
5,567 Posts
Dont_Ram_Me_Stroke_Me said:
Does the short throw replace the entire shifter that you grab onto in the truck or does it slide inside it?
You remove the rubber boot at the bottom and remove the shifter from the top tranny and it will bolt on down there and replace the factory one... I really dont know how to describe it w/out some pics...

·
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I meant does it replace the black one labeled R-L-1-2-3-4-5 ? Like does it replace the knob and entire stick? THe new one installed is blue and silver ain't it?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts