The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Slow 6.0
1,554 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my cousin and i traded comps for the time being till we get him a NVK3 with a 120 file from Jody, weve had them swapped for about a week now and yesterday his just started popping the 30amp fuse for the computer relay coil, idm relay coil and waste gate solenoid circuits. is there a correlation here or just coincidence? i figured if an NVK3 comp worked in an early 99 a XLE4 should work fine in a late 99, maybe i was wrong or maybe it has nothing to do with the computer at all. help us out guys!

·
0 Posts
Hm...I don't know if they are foward compatable. I mean...you can put a newer computer in the older truck...but not sure about the older computer in the newer truck. XLE4 doesn't account for an air intake heater, and probably other things that were added to the newer trucks.

Now maybe if the computer was reburnt to XLE8...that might make a difference...not sure.

I would do a quick trade back to see if he still pops fuses. If so...then it ain't gonna work.

·
Slow 6.0
1,554 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well its fixed now, turned out to be a short to ground on that circuit, after a little time we narrowed it down to the fuel heater in the fuel filter housing, unplugged that and voila no more short to ground, no more popped fuses and once again a good running 7.3L.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts