The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking to upgrade from a F250 Super Cab long bed 2WD to a 1Ton Crew Cab long bed 4x4 in either Dodge or Chevy. Are there any years I should be cautious of in regards to a Dodge? I am looking at 2005 or newer. What do you think?

·
ADMIN/MAFIA
4,834 Posts
06-07 5.9 would be a great truck if you dont mind throwing a shifter as the autos where not real stout. the 6.7L is a great motor it did have some growing pains but now seems to be doing quite well. The auto behind the 6.7L is also a giant step up than what was behind the 5.9s.

·
52 Posts
Not from experience but from reading forums the only ones that come to mind would be the first 6.7 trucks. Lots of people have had good luck with them but I read that there was a problem with the first ones. I second the 06-07 5.9. As far as a weak auto, mine has almost 200,000 miles on it- but I change the fluid & filter every 30,000 or so. Good luck

·
ADMIN/MAFIA
4,834 Posts

·
Aimless Wanderer
929 Posts
You care to explain your reasoning?
I would also like further information on that post. I've too many friends whom use these trucks for real work and they generally are pretty trouble free.

I'm looking at a 2010-2012 to replace a 1996 V10 automatic I purchased new and have pulled the guts out of. This truck is literally falling apart but is still very dependable with 240K on it's original untouched driveline, (exception of normal wear items).

·
1,224 Posts
:whs Neel and Backslap

·
Let it all Ride
1,316 Posts
The years you're looking at have all been pretty good and trouble free years. Do your homework and look for a quality well taken care of used truck and it will take care of you. These are great trucks.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts