The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
606 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well it has been several months since I last visited any of the diesel forms. I had my Ford loyalty challenged by Ford.

Here is the story. My check engine light came on, and I pulled the code. It was a P0088. Rail pressure to high. Checked the forms, and discovered there was a TSB on this. It instructed the dealer to check for water, metal, etc. in the fuel system. If none was found, replace the HPFP with no cost to the owner.

Took the truck to the dealer, checked for water etc in the system and found none.

Here is where it gets interesting. The truck had 100756 miles on it. Yes, over the warranty by 756 miles. Quoted price to replace 3560.00. I agreed to have the pump replaced.

Because I bought the truck and had it service several times at the dealer, I knew the service writer. He was familiar with the truck and reviewed the folder of maintance records I kept on the truck. He agreed that is was maintained well over Ford requirements.
He also agreed to request assistance from Ford for the bill.

Several days latter an answer came back from Ford. Assistance denied. He gave me the email and response from Ford. The reason for the denial, a loyalty factor of 25.

Loyalty factor 25 of 100???? WTF. I have owned Fords since 1966. I got $500.00 from Ford when I bought my Ranger, because I was considered a loyal Ford customer. I was a Ford mechanic in the sixties before being drafted. I raced the damn things in the 70’s

I called Ford customer care for an answer. I explained the situation to the rep and asked how the customer loyalty factor number was made. He explained that is was preparatory information and could not be given out. He also explained that the service writer could be in trouble for giving me the email.

Because the truck was out of warranty by 756 miles I was not expecting a full refund. Ford knew they had bad HPFP by the TSB. Hell 500.00 would have made me a happy camper. I have to admit, this kicked my *****. Being 64 years old, not too much kicks my *****, but this did. Customer loyalty? The title is a joke, if no explanation can be given of its meaning or how it is determined. Customer care? Are you serious? Call them and see if you agree you’re getting customer care.

Just trying to go through some recovery here. Thanks

·
1,324 Posts
I wouldn't give up. Call again and calmly explain your history. Tell them you plan to trade in next summer and want to stay loyal. If they can't at least cover some being less than 1k out of warranty then you will take your business elsewhere. I would go higher at the dealer too talk to the owner or manager they want your business. Good luck.
:happymugs

·
606 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I wouldn't give up. Call again and calmly explain your history. Tell them you plan to trade in next summer and want to stay loyal. If they can't at least cover some being less than 1k out of warranty then you will take your business elsewhere. I would go higher at the dealer too talk to the owner or manager they want your business. Good luck.
:happymugs
Update.....

Sent several emails and snail mail. No response. When you are a billion dollar company, a few causality's are acceptable

·
186 Posts
From what I have read recently it seems that Ford has dropped the ball big time.

It seems that they have clueless outsourced "customer care" reps that are doing their best to destroy Ford's reputation, probably falsifying call stats to Ford and certainly no in any way helping Ford's customers.

Other reports indicate Ford is not standing behind their products when there are failures that should be covered under warranty.

Still more reports indicate that Ford is not in any way auditing and ensuring the quality of their dealers many of whom have been shown to be on the scale between incompetent and criminal.

Unless I see some clear change in Ford's behavior (Corey, are you listening?) when my truck approaches the end of ESP warranty I will dispose of it and it will *not* be replaced with a Ford product.

·
1,324 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts