The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
4,024 Posts
I don't think it's too bad. Might be alittle high based on the mileage

For comparison, A plumber frend has a '01 CC short bed 4x4 lariat for sale with 115k on it and is asking 19900. More than I would spend for a short bed, but not much more than the one in the link with a few less miles.

·
6,337 Posts
Tell them to throw in a leveling kit or mild lift and do it... The price is a little high based on milage... But nice looking!!!!

·
Registered
73 Posts
I just got an 02 4x4 59,000 for 20,000

·
Dieselis' Maximus
1,744 Posts
When i bought my 02 i paid 28k i have the same Lariat package and 4x4 also mine came with a LEER top also though. i had somewhere about 42k miles when i got it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Mileage too high. Should be able to find a 1999.5 or a 2000 with under 90K if you search longer for $18000 with similar package. With that you'll also get forged rods instead of PMR's. See if maybe the dealer will give a 12k warranty though. Unlikely. Took me 2 months to find mine, but finally did. Worth every minute of sacrafice. Good luck.

·
6,337 Posts
pezrock77 said:
Mileage too high. Should be able to find a 1999.5 or a 2000 with under 90K if you search longer for $18000 with similar package. With that you'll also get forged rods instead of PMR's. See if maybe the dealer will give a 12k warranty though. Unlikely. Took me 2 months to find mine, but finally did. Worth every minute of sacrafice. Good luck.
You can look for a old truck with forged rods, Or you can get the nicer interior of the newer models, nicer lighting, nicer mirrors, seats... And Still be able to mod away up to 400-430hp with not one issue. By the time you get to that HP level your going to need head studs so you might as well got to the bottom end and do Billit rods...:Thumbup:

·
622 Posts
not a bad truck, if you get it will need a tranny soon you should tell them you want a $1500 credit for the tranny to be rebuilt or possibly a a new one for that price, other than that the motor is only half way to overhaul. The statement about the powder metal rods is true but i have put new motors in trucks because a rod shattered with a hot computer program, but there are alot of trucks that have not had any problems so it may have been they were made on a friday:shrug: good luck on finding the perfect truck.

·
Registered
2,037 Posts
I think it looks good but see if they will come off that price just a little bit. Also craw under the truck and check for leaks and rust. You don't want to find something after you buy it.:damnit

·
Cummin' get ya some!
154 Posts
i bought mine for 18,800 its and 01 extended cab shortbed lariat f250 4x4 it had around 100,000 on it when i bought but it was in excellent condition all underneath looked like it had never been down a dirt road and no leaks or anything an older couple had it to pull there 5th wheel rv south in the winter and it also had rhino bed liner and a rollup bed cover and wiring for a 5th wheel trailer light and brake controller pretty much evertyhing to pull a 5th wheel minus the hitch

·
TDG Mafia Member #25
1,450 Posts
Basicly have the same thing and wonder what I could get price wise with only 33k miles!

Anyway, truck looks clean, but I'd haggle it down pricewise.

Adrianspeeder

·
TDG Singles Club #120
330 Posts
offer him 16,000 and work your way up to 17,000 but no higher. this will give you room to haggle for extras, I.E. warranty, tires, tranny service.........etc. i wouldn't pay more than 17, find prices on the internet to back it up.
also mention winter is already half over, tell him he won't want to be sitting on that truck in three months:evil:

·
Registered
393 Posts
Yuppers, Price is TOO high. I think you could do some looking, and find a much better deal. You also have to worry about service history with that many miles more so than you would with something with lower miles. I say keep on looking unless he offers you one heck of a deal. No more than 17k like SSBB said.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts