The Diesel Garage banner

YouTube vid--4.5 Dmax

15K views 38 replies 26 participants last post by  M123KT-450 
#1 ·
#29 ·
dodge's new Cummins V-8 is 5.7L common rail, and ford is going to be offering an all new in house built LION V-8 diesel in the 4.6L range
dodge and ford will also be offering V-6 diesels for use in cars and small trucks

G
#31 ·
BriteWhiteRam said:
dodge's new Cummins V-8 is 5.7L common rail, and ford is going to be offering an all new in house built LION V-8 diesel in the 4.6L range
dodge and ford will also be offering V-6 diesels for use in cars and small trucks

Can you offer up links to this information please.

Thanks

#32 ·
4cstr said:
Can you offer up links to this information please.

Thanks
the info i got is from Diesel Power Magazine, January 2008 Volume 4, No.1, page 132
I tried to find a link for the article on www.dieselpowermag.com but i couldnt find it unfortunately

but i will pull info from the article to correct my previous info

Cummins V-8: 5.6L, 300hp/460lb-ft(460?? seems low to me, maybe 560?) 25mpg/hwy;20mpg/city, HPCR, VG turbo

Cummins V-6: 4.2L, 270hp/420lb-ft, 25/20mpg, HPCR, VG turbo

Ford/PSA Lion V-8: 4.4L, 350hp/500lb-ft, HPCR with piezo injectors, twin VG turbos

Ford/PSA Lion V-6: 3.6L, 272hp/472lb-ft, 26/16mpg, HPCR with piezo Inj, twin VGT's

Ford/PSA Lion V-6: 2.7L, 207hp/320lb-ft, 49/27mpg, HPCR w/piezo Inj, either Twin VGT's, or single VGT

Caterpillar/Ford V-6: 3.0L, 170hp/296lb-ft, HEUI(like the 6.0L) twin or single VGT's

Detroit Diesel V-6: 4.0L, 230hp/375lb-ft, 22mpg, HPCR twin or single VGT's

everyone and their dogs have diesels waiting in the wings
all this info should be fairly accurate as its from Diesel Power Magazine
:Thumbup: :woot: :sly:

#34 ·
cajuncummins said:
kinda depressing, no inlines
oh well, as long as it has a big old CUMMINS stamped on the side im not complaining, lol
shouldn't say that in the chevy forum lol!:sofa

#36 ·
TheBac said:
That direct exhaust-to-turbo is a pretty interesting setup. I've looked hard at that pic and still cant figure out where exactly the intake ports are, though.

Tom just below the injectors the ribbed are that looks like a valve cover from a sbc is the intake feed down into the head not from the side like the exhaust that came out on the 6.6

#38 ·
Which engine? the 4.5L Duramax? The 4.5L is still in production limbo.

#39 · (Edited)
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.