The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am thinking of doing one of these systems so just wondering other's opinions on them. I know I would have to have my dp tuner chip reburnt for the nitrous but still would like to know which option would be best for performance on the weekends:smoke ... So just looking for some pros and cons of each and suggests.

Thanks

·
Registered
290 Posts
blk99 said:
I think nitrous would be your best "bang for the buck".
Agreed, if your in it just for the HP and TQ, then nitrous would be the best thing. Water/Meth injection to me is more of a towing/hauling item to help lower EGT's on the grades, or in high HP conditions (ie sled pullers and what not).

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yea i am looking for hp and tq but also reliability and you always hear stories from each(water/meth and nitrous). I dont have head studs so not sure if nitrous would be too hard on my truck or not. also what shot of nitrous do guys usually run safely

·
6,337 Posts
If your looking for power, Nos...

If your wanting a little power and cooler EGT's, something you can use every day... Go with water injection...

But not Snows, look at www.coolingmist.com better kits, better parts, and cheaper.

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yea im looking for power but i could get the snow performance kit for cheap off of a buddy thats the only reason i would get it. i seen that you (csipsd) posted somewhere u seen like 40whp gain or something like that off of water/meth?

·
Mafia Member #93
695 Posts
I know that alot of people see 50-70HP gains on water/meth with the right nozzle configation.

·
Registered
687 Posts
Water/Meth isn't gonna go boom and blow a piston thru your turbo.

·
Registered
687 Posts
side note, dang, that Coolingmist is WAY cheaper. Is that what yer runnin Joe?

·
6,337 Posts
Running 40% meth with one 675 and one 375 injectors netted me 40hp everytime... You wont see much more then that without bigger injectors and more fuel...

I am running the Snows Kit, but its a POS and I have gone thru 4 controlers and Snows doesnt give two ****s about anyone after the sale is done...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts