The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
3,514 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How hard is it to put a zf6 spd in an OBS truck. I'm assuming that there is a lot that has to be changed if it will even fit at all. But if for some reason it isn't all that bad I'd like to do it. Thanks,
Sean

·
214 Posts
Exaclty what I plan to do. As far as I know if you already have a manual tranny, All you should need is the enigne adapter plate (ford part unless you find a used one from a 7.3 w/ a zf-6), a Superduty t-case, a superduty clutch kit/flywheel, Fab a new tranny crossemember because mounting locations arew different, and last of all, the slave cylinder is different in some way. Not sure how yet As i have yet to start mine.

Theres a bit more if your going from auto to manual, Pedal assembly master cylinder etc. Which is the major hold up with mine because of the cost and I want a $1600 clutch as well.

·
3,514 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, I've already got an auto, so that helps. Not sure how much I want to mess around with a different t-case though, and then doing different driveshafts as well. But its worth looking into for sure.
Sean

·
214 Posts
Yeah if you have an auto the drive shafts need to be changed

I think with the T-case the bolt pattern is the same but the spline count is different so you might can just change parts out. Not %100 sure on that though. Finding a used Manualy shifted Super duty T-case might be kinda technical. But idk havent got that far yet.

·
TDG MAFIA MEMBER #71
1,288 Posts
A good place to check for used parts or a complete truck that is trashed is e-bay.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts